The UX Lead at Roastar researches, plans, and architects the user experience design for our e-commerce websites and internal web applications. This person leads the creation of digital products made from a user’s perspective.
The UX Lead creates a strategy in sync with user goals and Roastar’s business goals, develops navigation and structure, designs wireframes or interactive prototypes, organizes content, and tirelessly advocates for the needs and goals of real users. This person makes strategic and tactical UX decisions related to design and usability.
The UX Lead performs usability assessments and tests of interactive systems. The best candidate possesses outstanding creativity, a highly detailed nature, and the ability to help define and solve complex user experience problems.
- UX Expertise - Thorough knowledge and experience planning, documenting and leading interactive projects. Immersed in UX best practices.
- A Designer’s Eye – Must be able to translate complex concepts and interactions into visually coherent wireframes or prototypes. This is a strongly creative position.
- Passion – Strong affinity for the digital lifestyle and zealous drive to make interactive technology better for real people.
- Client Interaction - An outgoing personality and ability to interact excellently with clients.
- Research - Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods as well as human-centered digital design principles.
- Prioritization - Prioritize design problems by understanding their significance and impact on the overall user experience.
- Guidance - Provide counsel to teams on the appropriate user experience strategy needed to deliver optimal experiences.
- Writing – You must be able to write clearly, concisely and quickly. You must be able to create succinct requirements documentation for interactive projects.
- Forever Learning - Relentless desire to learn and leverage the latest Web technologies.
- Detail-oriented – You must be highly organized to be an excellent Information Architect.
- Creativity - Possess problem-solving skills, an investigative mentality and a proactive nature.
- Independence - The ability to make things happen with limited direction. Excellent proactive attitude, take-charge personality and “can-do” demeanor.
- Stewardship - Be committed to delivering solutions on time and within budget.
- Personal Organization - Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
Conceive, Plan and Lead the UX strategy of high-end, effective digital products.
Create or assist with information architecture and UX design for complex interactive projects. Define digital strategies. Produce site maps, wireframes, prototypes and UX requirements documentation.
Become a zealous “user” advocate
Work to become an expert in the field of user experience design and people-centered digital products.
Communicate externally and internally
Facilitate internal team communication, bridging the gap between visual design, functional development, and content. Communicate the value of these disciplines to clients. Grow to lead client engagements from a UX perspective.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of UX Research experience for rich interactive, consumer, or enterprise web applications
- Experience with UX practices within eCommerce a plus
- Experience in practical user research, usability testing and consumer insight gathering.
- Demonstrated experience creating, implementing and leading User Experience and Business Analysis practices.
- Demonstrated experience applying design thinking, journey mapping and business analysis to complex problem spaces.
- Solid grasp of latest Web user experience best practices. Understanding of user-centered design principles.