As a User Experience Designer at Roastar, you will create innovative user-centered designs for our eCommerce websites, customer portals, and internal systems. You’ll be part of a growing eCommerce team, focused on developing user-centered eCommerce solutions that meet both our customer’s and Roastar, Inc.’s business goals. You will be responsible for conducting usability studies, researching user needs and behaviors, creating sitemaps, user flows, wireframes and interactive prototypes. You will work closely with our business stakeholders, key decision-makers, marketing, sales, production, product and development teams. This position may require occasional travel to our office to collaborate with the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with product, marketing, sales, & web development teams
• Facilitate internal team communication, bridging the gap between visual design, functional development, and content. Communicate the value of these disciplines and lead from a UX perspective
• Gather project requirements, understand user needs, business goals and objectives, and system requirements to develop and deliver user-focused wireframes and prototypes
• Conduct usability research, interpreting findings, and present research outcomes and recommendations to business stakeholder
• Prioritize design problems by understanding their significance and impact on the overall user experience and business goals
• Create the information architecture and UX design for complex interactive projects
• Build personas, user journeys, experience maps, and user flows
• Design sitemaps, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
• Generate usability reports, behavioral analytic reports, and competitive analysis reports.
• Deliver innovative solutions on time and within budget
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills, Education and/or Experience
• 2+ years of professional UX Design experience required
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (User interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or Information Design) – or equivalent work experience required
• Demonstrated experience applying design thinking, journey mapping and business analysis to complex problems required
• Experience conducting user research, usability testing and consumer insight gathering. Ability to analyze and prioritize research findings, summarize results into actionable insights, and present them to key decision-makers and business stakeholders required
• Proven ability in analyzing and formulate design recommendations based upon data and findings from user research, web analytics and session tracking software required
• Experience visualizing complex workflows, creating user-centered design sitemaps, wireframes and interactive prototypes that demonstrate the usability of design solutions effectively to end-users and various team across the organization required
• Proficiency in presenting research findings, project plans and design solutions to business stakeholders across the organization in a way that can be understood by all audiences required
• Solid grasp of latest user experience best practices, and strong understanding of user-centered design principles required
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships across the organization (at all levels), as well as demonstrating a proficient understanding of IT development, business processes, and Digital Marketing required
• Skilled in prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Axure, Figma, etc. required
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines required
• Relentless desire to learn, an out-of-the-box thinker, with an entrepreneurial spirit required
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills required
• Experience with mobile-first design, responsive design, and accessibility is preferred
• Experience working within an Agile environment preferred
• Strong Portfolio demonstrating user experience research and user experience design work is preferred
• General knowledge and/or experience in eCommerce is a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job may be performed 100% remotely.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Responsibilities and requirements are subject to change at the discretion of management. The employee is expected to adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time