Lead the design, development, and delivery of production training programs to meet the needs of operations. Communicate with leads and operators to gain knowledge of manufacturing equipment and understand processes to produce high quality bags. Design and implement training tools that measure operator progress through machine set up/run productivity and quality. Develop standard operating procedures and work instructions (manuals, videos, power points, evaluations) and train staff using these tools to ensure operator success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary.
- Obtain knowledge from production leads, experienced operators, and manufacturers of the equipment to ensure production efficiencies are achieved through training.
- Ensure new employee success through onboarding
- Review equipment with the operator
- Review quality expectations with the operator
- Review machine, material, feature pitfalls and familiarize operator with tips/tricks to success (troubleshooting guide, root cause analysis to correct issues quickly)
- Creates new employee checklist / evaluation of training progress
- Checks in with employee periodically to gather feedback on equipment and operator performance
- Leads manufacturing order shortage effort improvements
- Gathers details on job shortages as they occur
- Digs into root cause of shortage; gathers documentation and lead/operator feedback
- Establishes new training methods to avoid shortages
- Improve manufacturing order shortages, reducing weekly shortage cost and shortage frequency. Develop training tools to improve shortage performance metrics
- Develop and maintain written standard operating procedures and work instructions to support employee training throughout the manufacturing areas
- Create videos and other training aides
- Create a detailed checklist for each piece of equipment that supports operator setup and trouble-shooting during run
- Communicate with all departments and management to ensure work instructions and standard operating procedures are being met
- Reports on progress of employees under guidance during training period
- Support operational GMP and HACCP requirements
- Follow all Company policies, rules, and regulations
- Act as a professional representative of Roastar at all times
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- 2-4 years applicable experience training in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to document and improve processes and procedures
- Applicable experience and background in paper coating/converting, flexible packaging or label printing preferred
- Experience with Lean & Six Sigma concepts preferred
- Strong communication skills: ability to connect with a variety of people in all areas of manufacturing
- Coach-like personality, welcoming, encouraging, positive-thinker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Specific Skills, Licensure and Certifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools preferred
- Self-starter, communicates effectively
- Effect problem-solving and root cause analysis skills
- Ability to be flexible with daily work assigned
- Ability to take accountability for job duties as assigned and organize to meet deadlines
- Must be detail-oriented, creative, and innovative
The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle or feel.
- The employee is required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time