Job PurposeThe Supply Chain Manager creates and executes a scheduling, purchasing and inventory management strategy consistent with company goals to ensure quality, product reliability, to reduce waste and improve productivity. Establish, develop and maintain close relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary.
- Responsible for timely and accurate short and longer term production planning.
- Review the production schedule, plan capacity requirements, ensure materials are available for planned schedule and planned shipping requirements to meet scheduled ship dates.
- Direct Estimating, Purchasing, Scheduling & Shipping departments to meet customer requirements.
- Communicate daily scheduling adjustments to Customer Service Manager.
- Coordinate process and systems optimization, as well as improvements in production scheduling methods.
- Manage inventory levels, and optimize manufacturing efficiencies through effective capacity planning.
- Maximize the effectiveness of inventory control processes and systems.
- Lead Team on projects for ERP optimization, that include automating and integrating pre- production (order entry related) systems.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability. Prepare reports regarding market conditions, delivery systems, and material costs for management review.
- Monitor value and quality of materials and suppliers by reviewing costs, delivery schedules, material performance and conformance to specifications.
- Confer with Technical, Manufacturing, Sales and suppliers to discuss defective or unacceptable material to determine source and take corrective action.
- Advise Technical, Manufacturing, Scheduling, and Sales on nature, availability and function of existing and potential raw materials. Participate in the development of specifications for products or substitute materials.
- Establish and maintain procedures to control inventories at adequate supply levels based on stock levels, orders, production schedules and forecasts.
- Work with suppliers to develop and maintain effective vendor supported inventory programs.
- Work with internal departments to provide suppliers with information relative to future needs.
- Through department personnel ensure regular and accurate cycle counts are being completed and reported at both company-owned and contract facilities.
- Through department personnel review aged inventory as well as non-1st goods inventory to ensure inventory issues are addressed timely.
- Negotiate and evaluate supplier pricing, inventory management, contractual arrangements and freight arrangements
- Segment supplier base into categories (i.e. single/sole/multi-source) and suitability of materials offered. Develop and execute strategies that ensure a secure source of supply. Make supplier recommendations to management.
- Develop & monitor supplier performance metrics. Review supplier performance in terms of quality (PPM’s defective). on-time shipments, order accuracy (quantity, pricing, confirmations, etc.). Communicate supplier performance with suppliers.
- Direct, train and evaluate Purchasing Department staff. Ensure good communication and teamwork in the department.
- Maintain data used to monitor supplier contractual pricing matrixes. Ensure price changes comply with contractual calculations. Insure non-contractual price changes are tied to logical support from the supplier and conduct in house meetings with suppliers to review increases not tied to contracts.
- Conduct daily Scheduling meetings
- Organize supplier meetings for efficiency of time and people.
- Conduct supplier bid efforts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of supply chain & production scheduling management experience.
- Business related Bachelor’s Degree required.
Specific Skills, Licensure and Certifications
- Knowledge of extrinsic factors relating to materials purchased.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Good math aptitude and detail orientation.
- Advanced computer skills to include: MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Reasoning and analyzing skills.
- Ability to work with multiple projects, prioritize and organize workload.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standard office work environment.