Job PurposeThe Shipping & Packaging Coordinator will perform a range of activities related to the packaging and shipment preparation of custom printed label & bag orders. The employee will work in several different software systems, prepare items with proper paperwork, and operate equipment to move and wrap items for shipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary.
Order Fulfillment- Samples and Packaging
- Pick, Pack & Ship bag orders through multiple software programs
- Barcode scanning, depleting inventory, creating pack slip and all other shipping documents
- Communicating with Customer Service, Quality, and Production daily on items that may need adjusting on the sales order.
- Package and Ship Custom Printed Label orders.
- Pull & Ship blank stock orders
- Create sample packs based on customer requests
- Picking and shipping orders from Make & Hold.
- Receive raw materials and supply items, check pack slip to actual and deliver to Purchasing
- Regularly check backorders and fulfill
- Place Finished Goods Inventory on Racks
- Operate a Forklift and hand truck / load and unload trucks
- Wrap, band and weigh LTL shipments
- Ensure daily shipments are processed
- Verify quality of return materials, re-package and re-stock return materials, or notify the contact person on the label.
- MRA returns without contact person, email customer service.
- On custom label orders, check order quantity and labels per roll for each sku.
- Participate in cycle counting
- Assist with package labeling and/or production tasks, as needed
- Monitor packaging supplies, and communicate when reorder points fall below
- General housekeeping to keep work areas clean and clear
- Follow all Company policies and safety procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment
Daily Work Schedule
The time spent doing the different functions will vary from day to day based upon the daily need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Basic math and measurement
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong Time Management
- High sense of prioritization of tasks
- Accountability to job functions and processes
Specific Skills, Licensure and Certifications
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.