The Scheduling Manager creates and executes a scheduling and inventory management strategy consistent with company goals to ensure quality, product reliability, to reduce waste and improve productivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary.
Schedule Management/Planning & Shipping
- Responsible for timely and accurate short and longer term production planning.
- Review the production schedule, plan capacity requirements, ensure materials are available for planned schedule and planned shipping requirements to meet scheduled ship dates.
- Direct Scheduling & Shipping departments to meet customer requirements.
- Work closely with Production Manager and Production Team to streamline scheduling processes and create better material flow through each work center.
- Communicate daily scheduling adjustments to Customer Service Manager.
- Coordinate process and systems optimization, as well as improvements in production scheduling methods.
- Manage inventory levels, and optimize manufacturing efficiencies through effective capacity planning.
- Maximize the effectiveness of inventory control processes and systems.
- Lead Team on projects for ERP optimization, that include automating and integrating pre-production (order entry related) systems.
- Oversee daily Shipping operations with staff. Develop process improvements.
- Develop and create work instructions for departments, as needed.
- Establish and maintain procedures to control inventories at adequate supply levels based on stock levels, orders, production schedules and forecasts.
- Work with internal departments to provide suppliers with information relative to future needs.
- Through department personnel ensure regular and accurate cycle counts are being completed and reported at both company-owned and contract facilities.
- Maintain ERP inventory accuracy through cycle count audits.
- Conduct daily Scheduling meetings
- Member and representative of Scheduling and Shipping in all Roastar Project Teams.
- Conduct quarterly staff reviews and evaluations
- Monitor and evaluate corrective actions for Shipping and Scheduling Department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of supply chain & production scheduling management experience.
- Business related Bachelor’s Degree required.
Specific Skills, Licensure and Certifications
- Knowledge of extrinsic factors relating to materials purchased.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Good math aptitude and detail orientation.
- Advanced computer skills to include: MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Reasoning and analyzing skills.
- Ability to work with multiple projects, prioritize and organize workload.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standard office work environment.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Responsibilities and requirements are subject to change at the discretion of management. The employee is expected to adhere to all Company policies and procedures.