Job Purpose / SummaryUnder the direction of the Production Manager, the Pouch Machine Operator is responsible to efficiently operate bag manufacturing equipment, maximizing productivity and quality. The Bag Machine Operator is responsible to troubleshoot and adjust equipment when quality or efficiency issues occur.
Full-time, non-exempt position. 1st shift M-F 7a-3p
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Follow all Company safety policies and safety procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment.
- Follow all Company policies, rules and regulations.
- Act as a professional representative of Roastar all times.
- Operate bag manufacturing equipment.
- Troubleshoot and adjust equipment, as necessary.
- Keep equipment supplied with raw materials.
- Load materials correctly into equipment.
- Complete proper testing to ensure customer specifications are met.
- Inspect materials for defects to ensure quality specifications and tolerances are held.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Operate a powered industrial truck safely ad efficiently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience operating a powered industrial truck is preferred.
- Experience operating a vertical or horizontal bagger is preferred.
- Experience operating a digital print press is preferred.
- Experience in paper, film or printing industry is preferred.
Specific Skills, Licensure and Certifications
- Strong mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience troubleshooting equipment issues.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and interpersonal
- Ability to follow directions.
- Willingness to learn, and be a team player.
- Confidence and professionalism in representing the Company
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk or stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; lift and carry; and push and pull. The employee is occasionally required to sit; and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud dependent upon the machinery you are exposed to. In such cases wearing of PPE is mandatory.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Responsibilities and requirements are subject to change at the discretion of management. The employee is expected to adhere to all Company policies and procedures.