Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary.
- Material Handling Daily / Weekly Tasks
- Scan and move all work-in-process (WIP) material throughout the production floor.
- Perform weekly cycle counts and manage consumable inventory.
- Check garbage cans at every machine (1-2 per machine). If over half full, empty.
- Replenish packaging and feature raw materials in designated areas.
- Bringing finished bags/labels from Quality to Shipping.
- Check all pouch machines, tin tie, and manual valver for completed boxes.
- Moving WIP rolls from press areas to next operation.
- Keep scrap roll area clean.
- Empty cores from pouch machines.
- Organize and put away ink after received.
- Relocate empty zipper spools/boxes.
- Restock new pallets / Collect and dispose of bad pallets.
- Returning unprinted rolls to raw material to proper locations.
- Operate cardboard bailer – empty and store bails.
- General housekeeping, 5S cleaning, etc.
- Follow all Company policies, rules, and regulations.
- Act as a professional representative of Roastar at all times.
- Maintain safe and clean practices per Company policies and procedures.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Ability to be flexible with daily work assigned
- Ability to take accountability for job duties as assigned
- Ability to work in ERP system, create inventory transactions, and create barcode labels based on job details.
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, in person and over the phone
- Must have a strong understanding of products and product lines
- Specific Skills, Licensure and Certifications
- Forklift Certification
- The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.