Under the direction of the Quality & Engineering Manager, the Maintenance Technician will safely troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment at Roastar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary.
• Follow all Company safety policies and safety procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment.
• Follow all Company policies, rules and regulations.
• Act as a professional representative of Roastar, Inc. at all times.
• Maintain safe and clean practices per Company policies and procedures.
• Perform tests on various electromechanical assemblies using instrumentation, technical manuals and schematics, diagrams and blueprints.
• Troubleshoot and repair as required mechanical / electrical equipment, including controls, drives and PLCs.
• Inspect component parts, including dimensional and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware.
• Assemble, repair or rework pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
• Align, fit and assemble component parts using hand tools, fixtures, templates and scopes.
• Consult with Manager on projects and needs for production equipment.
• Operate metalworking machines to fabricate various components of production machines.
• Position, install, test and train the operations and servicing requirements for equipment installations.
• Advise and maintain proper parts and tool purchases in addition to service required.
• Update drawings and diagrams as required.
• All other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Quality & Engineering Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Two (2) year associate degree or vocational education in Electromechanical or equivalent.
• Two (2) years equipment or maintenance support experience.
• Two (2) years of experience troubleshooting PLC’s preferred.
Specific Skills, Licensure and Certifications
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and utilize every means necessary to keep equipment and machines operating in a safe and efficient manner.
• Ability to follow directions and read layout plans, schematics, blueprints, and other drawings.
• Ability to apply critical thinking skills to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to issues.
• Knowledge of 24 volt control circuits, relays, industrial sensors, contactors, motor starters, and safety control circuits.
• Knowledge of the practical equipment engineering science and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Ability and flexibility to work 8-9 hour shift, including weekends as required.
• Ability and flexibility to work overtime as required, including “on call” responsibilities.
• Willingness to work reasonable weekly or daily overtime as required.
• Valid driver’s license and proof of insurability.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen; walk or stand; move from place to place. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach above shoulders; lift and carry; and push and pull. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use foot/feet to operate machines/equipment; and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee may occasionally perform work related travel. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud dependent upon the machinery you are exposed to. In such cases wearing of PPE is mandatory.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Responsibilities and requirements are subject to change at the discretion of management. The employee is expected to adhere to all Company policies and procedures.