Digital User Experience (UX) Strategist
Roastar’s Digital User Experience (UX) Strategist will be the key stakeholder for making recommendations about users and design directions based on projects' needs, goals and constraints. This role will also contribute to defining requirements and design documents as we create new experiences for Roastar’s websites. This role will be a strategic partner with all product teams as we develop new products, features, and enhance legacy products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work within Roastar’s e-commerce team, solving problems conceptually and using data, research and analytics to validate and inform UX decisions for our digital products.
- Advocate for the end user of the product, understanding their needs and desires.
- Effectively research, journey map, storyboard and test user experience that leads to an enhanced user satisfaction by improving usability, ease of use, and experience in the interaction between the user and digital products.
- Define product-related online user journeys, wireframes, requirements and other UX documentation with sound and clearly communicated rationale.
- Work cross-functionally with web development, design, content strategy, data analysts, and marketing to create and implement new experiences
- Prioritize different design problems by understanding their significance and impact on the overall user experience.
- Provide counsel to teams on the appropriate user experience strategy needed to deliver optimal experiences.
- Work with developers to successfully implement design into products.
- Improve and innovate on the most efficient ways to work by experimenting with new product journeys and documenting resources.
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods as well as human-centered digital design principles.
- Communicate research insights and recommendations in compelling and creative ways with team members.
- Monitor all relevant technology and design trends and build a structure for feeding these back into our online experiences.
- Effectively research and test user experience on mobile to ensure experience is maintained and improved.
- Manage multiple products simultaneously with effective communication and timely meeting of deadlines.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of UX Research experience for rich interactive, consumer, or enterprise web applications
- Experience with UX practices within eCommerce
- Experience in practical user research, usability testing and consumer insight gathering.
- Demonstrated experience creating, implementing and leading User Experience and Business Analysis practices.
- Demonstrated experience applying design thinking, journey mapping and business analysis to complex problem spaces.
- Solid grasp of latest Web user experience best practices. Understanding of user-centered design principles.