POSITION PURPOSE / SUMMARY The digital press operator is responsible for running a digital press including daily startup, order processing, maintenance, and shutdown. The operator will be exposed to a variety of new technologies and applications. The press operator will need to be inquisitive and have the ability to troubleshoot.
WORK SCHEDULEFull-time, non-exempt position. Third shift (Monday – Friday, 11:00 pm – 7:00 am), or as assigned by the Production Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary.
- Operate the digital press and maximize production
- Interface with prepress department to understand job requirements
- Interface with scheduling to make sure production deadlines are met
- Monitor product quality and color consistency
- Inspect materials for defects to ensure quality specifications and tolerances are held
- Troubleshoot mechanical or maintenance issues as needed
- Complete job paperwork
- Operate secondary converting & packaging equipment as needed
- Attend occasional training sessions
- Follow all Company policies and safety procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment
- Perform general housekeeping to keep work areas clean and organized
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Basic math and measurement skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience operating a powered industrial truck is preferred.
- Experience operating a digital print press is preferred.
- Experience in paper, film or printing industry is preferred.
Specific Skills, Licensure and Certifications
- Strong mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience troubleshooting equipment issues.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and interpersonal • Ability to follow directions.
- Willingness to learn, and be a team player.
- Confidence and professionalism in representing the Company.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk or stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; lift and carry; and push and pull. The employee is occasionally required to sit; and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud dependent upon the machinery you are exposed to. In such cases wearing of PPE is mandatory.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Responsibilities and requirements are subject to change at the discretion of management. The employee is expected to adhere to all Company policies and procedures.