Job PurposeCustomer Service Representatives not only provide customer service, but also provide a direct link between our customers and our products, along with help increase sales and upsell. Working with all Roastar departments, the Customer Service Representatives coordinate technical and product information, order entry, order details and follow-up on orders and trials. Roastar is a web-based company, so a customer service representatives sole order entry and mainstream communication to our customers is via our website, along with phone, live chat & email. Customer Service Representatives work with multiple programs at a time and typically have multiple screens being used at once.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary.
- Interact customers through oral and written communications, including phone conversations, live chat and other written communications, including emails. Face-to-face on occasion.
- Provide price quotations, technical information, inventory status and shipping and invoicing information to customers as requested.
- Receive Purchase Orders, custom orders or website orders and turn them into Sales Orders, understanding that we are a custom company and each job is different.
- Maintains customer records and accounts & does customer follow up as needed
- Enter and handle customer complaints & corrective action documents and follow-up as necessary with both customers and internal teams.
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions and suggesting information about other products and services.
- Willingness to go the extra mile & time to ensure each custom order is produced accurately
- Follow all Company safety policies and safety procedures in-order to maintain a safe work environment.
- Follow all Company policies, rules and regulations.
- Act as a professional representative of Roastar at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- 2-4 years of Customer Service and/or Sales experience is required.
- Experience in pre-press, graphic arts or printing environment is preferred.
- Familiarity and/or experience with Salesforce software is preferred.
Specific Skills, Licensure and Certifications
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and interpersonal
- Quality focused
- Strong organization skills
- Sales Force computer program knowledge preferred
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn Company- specific systems
- Proficient Typist
- Ability to ask for help when needed
- Able to multi-task
- Willingness to learn and not afraid to troubleshoot
- Handles all personality types and can deal with conflict professionally
- Confidence and professionalism in representing the Company
- Willingness to be a team player and assist others as needed, including coverage for time off
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standard office work environment. Ability to work remotely.